Wednesday, October 5, 2011

two blondes

In the last few weeks I got a chance to do two different illustrations for The New Yorker, both about awesome blonde women.


The first was for the upcoming movie "My Week With Marilyn," starring Michelle Williams. I decided to depict Marilyn still being her glamorous self in a headscarf and cool cat-eye shades (that I want) while dodging the paparazzi in London.

(click to enlarge)

The second piece, which is in this week's issue, features Tippi Hedren, another wonderful 60s blonde, from Hitchcock's "The Birds." This job was super quick - got the initial e-mail Thursday night, final due Friday morning - so exciting and fun!

Film Forum is showing several films featuring Bernard Hermann's scores from October 21st to November 3rd, including "Vertigo," "Psycho," and "The Birds." I'm definitely going to go see "Psycho" on the big screen, it's my favorite. Everyone knows this iconic music:


Thank you to AD Jordan Awan!

1 comment:

  1. Love both of those! You did an amazing job making the Birds piece so quickly!

    ReplyDelete