Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FREAK SHOW

freak show

My school is doing a project with the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Company, which is an amazing organization which I suggest you check out!: www.superherosupplies.com/

Basically, there is a store in Brooklyn (right by my old apartment, actually) that sells exclusively superhero (and villain) supplies - anti-matter, masks, capes, invisibility spray, you name it - anything any self-respecting superhero or villain would need. The store is quite small, but behind a secret shelf there is 826NYC, a nonprofit organization that helps young students with their writing.

For this project each of us was assigned a superhero or supervillain that was created by one of the students at 826NYC.

The character I received was FREAK SHOW, a super villain. Freak Show terrorizes the universe! He can shapeshift and get the powers of whatever he turns into, and if he can't, he stabs that thing and eats it. He loves to murder and steal. His parents died when he was a baby. His biggest nemesis is Superman. His lair is at the top of Mt. Everest.

I had a lot of fun with this project. I decided to depict Freak Show getting ready for a night out on the town in his secret lair, or, you know, bedroom. I always love drawing someone in their room or special place because you can tell so much about a character or person by what they keep in their private quarters. I really hope I get to meet the kid that created Freak Show at some point and shake his/her hand!

2 comments:

  1. i love the EVIL pennant. and everything else about this wonderful drawing.

    ReplyDelete